ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 2 RQF Student First Aid : 3-hour course
As of the end of September 2020, the Government announced that health education would be compulsory in all state-funded schools in England, including basic first aid training.
This 3-hour Student, First Aid course has been designed for key stage 3 and key stage 4 students (11+ years) and fulfils the requirements of the Department for Education in respect of first aid training.
Not only would secondary schools meet the statutory requirements for health education, but students would also have the opportunity to attain a nationally regulated qualification, enhance their CV and develop new life skills.
de Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, JE2 3BT.
Did you know?
- ‘A blocked airway can kill someone in three to four minutes, but it can take more than eight minutes for an ambulance to arrive.’
- ‘New research shows just 5% of adults have the skills and confidence to provide first aid in emergency situations.’
- ‘59% of deaths from injuries would have been preventable had first aid been given before the emergency services arrived.’
- In the UK fewer than 10% of all the people in whom a resuscitation attempt is made outside hospital survive.
- ‘With no compressions, the 90% confidence of successful defibrillation is reached at 6 minutes and the median time limit for success is 9.5 minutes. However, with pre-shock chest compressions, the modeled data suggest a 90% success rate at 10 minutes and a 50% rate at 14 minutes.’
- ‘We estimate that about 1,700 lives are saved in the UK per year by bystanders using an AED.’
- ‘Nearly 45 percent of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest victims survived when bystander CPR was administered.’
This course will teach you the most efficient & safest way to treat casualties who are in need of emergency medical assistance.
A range of First Aid related subjects are covered including:
- Primary survey
- Recovery position
- Safe use of an AED
- Head injuries
- Cuts grazes and bruises
- Minor burns and scalds
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
Level 2 Student First Aid qualification will be issued to all, subject to assessment.
A formative written assessment will take place towards the end of the course as well as a practical exam held by the instructor.
A minimum of 7 students and a maximum of 12 students can attend this course. The age of the students must be a minimum of 11 years of age. A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the person is suitable for the role.