ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health (RQF)
This course is suitable for anyone who actively connects with children, such as parents, carers, teachers, youth group leaders and young adults.
The qualification has been designed to help children and young people in need. The course covers depression, self-harm, eating disorders and bullying. This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills to identify a potential mental health condition, start a conversation, and provide support and guidance to professional help.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as healthcare professionals can only carry out this. However, students will confidently learn to identify when a young person may have a condition early and care for them properly whilst signposting them to the correct professionals to get the help they might need.
de Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, St Helier, JE2 3BT.
This course is also available via distance learning.
Did you know?
- ‘50% of mental health problems are established by age 14 and 75% by age 24′
- ‘More than one in seven young people (15.3%) aged 11–19 in England had at least one mental disorder in 2017’
- An estimated 5.0% of adolescents have PTSD, and an estimated 1.5% have severe impairment.‘
- ‘In 2018/19, in the UK, there were 19,040 admissions to hospital due to eating disorder.’
- ‘Between one in five and one in seven adolescents in England self-harms, for example by deliberately cutting themselves’
A range of First Aid for Youth Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is first aid for youth mental health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First aid action plan for mental health
A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. The learner will need to complete the entire course again to qualify for three years.
A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement.
A minimum of 7 students and a maximum of 16 students are allowed to enrol on this course. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.