ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
This course is suitable for everyone but has been designed to help employers provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should a condition be suspected. Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health. This course is a fantastic course for organisations that implement a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health / Mental Awareness within their organisation.
This course introduces the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan, allowing learners to provide their peers with comprehensive guidance and support for a suspected mental health condition. In addition, learners will be able to provide signposting to professional help and support that person while receiving professional assistance.
de Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, St Helier, JE2 3BT.
This course is also available via distance learning.
Did you know?
- ‘1 in 5 people aged 17-22 suffer from a mental health disorder.’
- ‘Over Two thirds of adults in the UK said they do not have anyone to talk about their mental health problems.’
- ‘It is estimated that over 280 million people world wide have a diagnosis of depression.‘
- ‘70% of adults experience at least one traumatic event in their lifetime and 20% of people who experience a traumatic event will develop PTSD.’
- ‘1 in 13 people will develop PTSD at some point in their life.’
- ‘Globally, close to 800,000 people die from suicide every year. That’s one person every 40 seconds’
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
Upon successfully completing the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)/Award in First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 5. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the entire course again to requalify for a further three years.
The qualification is assessed through a practical demonstration of the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and a multiple-choice question paper. A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
A minimum of 7 students and a maximum of 16 students are allowed to enrol on this course. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.