ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness (RQF)
You will undoubtedly be well aware of the potentially devastating effects of fires in the workplace in terms of lives lost, injuries, damage to property and the environment, and business continuity. However, you may also be aware that it is believed that most fires are preventable.
The importance of fire safety in the workplace is underpinned by health and safety legislation that places a duty on employers to establish policies and procedures and ensure their employees receive appropriate training.
This course is designed for all employees as an introduction to fire awareness and is an excellent ingredient in the induction programme for new employees. It deals with how fires can occur and what to do in the event of a fire. The qualification also provides a foundation for employees who want to develop their essential fire safety awareness to assist their employer by undertaking more specific fire safety roles to manage fire risk (e.g., fire wardens/marshals/stewards etc.).velopment.
de Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, St Helier, JE2 3BT.
This course is also available via distance learning.
Did you know?
- ‘What percentage of fires are caused by people? 67% (17,006) of accidental dwelling fires in the UK in 2019/20 were caused by human factors.’
- ‘the biggest cause of fires in the UK is the misuse of equipment’
- ‘An estimated 50%-80% of fire deaths are the result of smoke inhalation injuries (rather than burns).’
- ‘Each year there are around 22,000 fires in workplaces around the UK.’
- ‘One of the most common causes of workplace fires is without doubt electrical faults’
- ‘In the UK, it is estimated that [National Burn Care Review Committee, 2001]: 250,000 people receive burn injuries each year. 175,000 people with burns attend Accident and Emergency departments. 16,000 people are admitted to hospital for specialist burns care.’
This course will enable learners to be more aware of the fire safety risks in the workplace to ensure that your workplace is as safe as it can be from the dangers of fires. This course will show real-time videos of how quickly a fire can spread, combusting everything in its path in less than seconds; the learners will most benefit from preventing fires and safely managing a fire before it gets out of hand.
A range of Fire Safety related subjects are covered including:
- The common causes of fire
- The behaviour of fire
- Legislation (brief)
- Fire prevention
- What to do if a fire breaks out
- How to use fire extinguishers
- Emergency evacuation procedures
A Level 1 national qualification will be issued to the learner, subject to successfully completing the test paper.
A summative & formative written exam will be handed to students towards the end of the course.
A minimum of 8 students and a maximum of 16 students are allowed to enrol on this course. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.