ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition, either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help.
All members of the public can benefit from this course, and it is a great stepping stone into First Aid for Mental Health.This course is a fantastic course for organisations that implement a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health / Mental Awareness within their organisation.
de Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, St Helier, JE2 3BT.
This course is also available via distance learning.
Did you know?
- ‘1 in 5 people aged 17-22 suffer from a mental health disorder.’
- ‘Over Two thirds of adults in the UK said they do not have anyone to talk about their mental health problems.’
- ‘It is estimated that over 280 million people world wide have a diagnosis of depression.‘k
- ‘70% of adults experience at least one traumatic event in their lifetime and 20% of people who experience a traumatic event will develop PTSD.’
- ‘1 in 13 people will develop PTSD at some point in their life.’
- ‘Globally, close to 800,000 people die from suicide every year. That’s one person every 40 seconds’
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
Upon successfully completing the qualification assessment, Learners will be awarded the Ofqual regulated Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (RQF). This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the entire course again to requalify for a further three years.
The qualification is assessed through a multiple-choice question paper. A Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
A minimum of 8 students and a maximum of 16 students are allowed to enrol on this course. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.