ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene.
By law, all food handlers must understand the principles of food hygiene and know how to work safely to protect the food they serve from contaminants. Therefore, level 2 Food Hygiene course is suitable for anyone who handles, prepares or serves food in their workplace.
This course will inform employees/employers of legal responsibilities and the best practice in controlling food safety hazards, temperatures, food storage, food preparation, personal hygiene, and premises cleaning. Students will learn about the responsibilities through exercises, written exams, and video content. Upon completion, students will be confident in their food hygiene knowledge and have all the skills and tools to keep people safe and comply with food hygiene laws.
3-4 hours Level 1 / 4-5 hours Level 2.
De Carteret House, 7 Castle Street, St Helier, JE2 3BT.
Did you know?
- ‘An estimated 600 million – almost 1 in 10 people in the world – fall ill after eating contaminated food’
- ‘after eating contaminated food and 420 000 die every year, resulting in the loss of 33 million healthy life years’
- ‘food born illness is almost 100% preventable.’
- ‘Older adults have a higher risk because as people age, their immune systems and organs don’t recognise and get rid of harmful germs as well as they once did.’
- ‘Nearly half of people aged 65 and older who have a lab-confirmed food born illness from Salmonella, Campylobacter, Listeria or E. coli are hospitalised.’
This course will enable you to understand what Food Hygiene is and implement outstanding Food Hygiene measures in your workplace and in your own home.
A range of Food Hygiene related subjects are covered including:
- Personal protection
- Food purchase
- The main food poisoning bacteria
- In-transit protection of food
- Safe storage of food
- Kitchen cleaning
- Cooking safely, etc.
- Implementing food hygiene measures in the workplace
A Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene.
The qualification is assessed through a written assessment paper and the practical / verbal demonstration.
A minimum of 8 students and a maximum of 12 students are allowed to enrol on this course. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.